Calling all fitness minded moms! Genesis Today is sponsoring a contest where the best social media idea wins $10,000!!! Check out the Genesis of a Great Idea contest and submit YOUR idea. There will be 5 finalists chosen, and each finalist will receive $1,000 and a chance to win $10,000. Woo hoo!
I'm going to submit some ideas, and I encourage you to do the same.
Here is some copy from the site about the contest:
"Genesis Today is an entrepreneurial company that started with a great idea and turned it into a success – Genesis of a Great Idea is a social media contest to reward the same type of innovation. Genesis Today will award $10,000 for the best idea to help the company engage consumers online. Everyone can submit an idea and anyone can win! All of the ideas will be judged anonymously by our expert panel. Read from one of our experts why we think Anyone Can Have a Great Idea and we want to judge the ideas anonymously.
Submit up to 250 words how you think Genesis Today could interact with community via social media and you could win $10,000 stipend and be part of the execution of your plan. Submit your idea by November 15th, and five (5) finalists will receive a $1,000 stipend and the finalists be announced on November 23, 2009. The five finalists will be flown to Genesis Today headquarters in Austin, Texas to represent the ideas in person in January 2010. The $10,000 winner will be chosen and announced then."
If you want to have your ideas considered by professionals, I encourage you to apply! Good luck!
So this isn't something you write a post on everyday, but I think it's good to get out there.
I have loose skin. On my arms...belly...well, mostly on my belly. But my arms are the most noticeable. Cause every once in a while, I wear clothes.
I'm not ashamed of my loose skin. It's the equivalent of a battle scar. I'm very proud of the battle I've fought. I'm proud of the battle I continue to fight. And anyone on my team will get my applause and support.
I'm falling in love with my loose skin because it is a daily reminder of how far I have come. I've lost over 160 lbs. in two pregnancies and I get to take credit.
But the loose skin is also a daily reminder of my responsibilities in life. I get to pay it forward, because I'm lucky...how cool is that?
Days like today are the times when I sit back and concentrate on things that I am grateful for rather than the challenges ahead. I wanted to share with you some of the things I am grateful for:
1. My husband. Mark and I have been through alot in the short seven years we have been together. When things happen to us, we draw closer. Yesterday and today we have been especially close. And I would marry him over and over again a thousand times. For this I am grateful.
2. My children. They are the cutest, sweetest, little balls of affection and I love both of them. I love their redhair, freckles, and spunky attitudes. (That comes with the redhair.) I love having boys. For this I am grateful.
3. My mother and in-laws. My mom is very much my best friend. I spend a lot of time with her and she is always willing to go bat for me. I know a lot of people can't say this, but I LOVE my in-laws as well. My MIL and I get along famously...she knows I love her son and treat him with respect and she loves me as a daughter for it. My FIL is very thoughtful...and right now the only father I have. For this I am grateful.
4. My online friends. There are so many special friends that I have made on Bookieboo and twitter. The ones who know me personally are the most supportive and I love them for that. They put up with me and I can be a pain in the ass. For this I am grateful.
5. Challenges. I know that's a weird thing to be grateful for, but I've learned in my life that when God closes one door, he always opens up another one. That has been true for everything I have done. Most of all I realize that when you face a challenge, it's best to focus on how you will grow and learn from it rather then it's inconveniences. I will become a better person, wife, mother, business partner, organizer, etc. because of the things I must overcome. For this, I am grateful.
6. Life and health. I'm so thankful to God that I have my life and my family is healthy. So what if I have problems, doesn't everybody? What makes me think that I am special and don't deserve problems...I'm not perfect. I have the people around me that love me and I am becoming a stronger person. My life, just like everyone else's is precious. And because of my purpose in life, I'm helping people regain their own health. I get to do this...it's a blessing and a calling...and even though it has its ups and downs, it's a privilege and I'm well aware of that. For this I am grateful.
I'm down to my last 6...yes, 6 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. All but one of my skinny jeans fits me again. And guess what ladies? I'm getting the beginning of a six-pack. So that's 104 lbs. I lost after first baby and now 55 lbs. lost after Mr. Grumpy Pants. I've shed over 159 lbs. from my body over these past almost 4 years. Sometimes you gotta just sit down to take it all in.
I was plateauing for a while...not losing very much weight. I cut down on my exercise to 3 days a week because of my work schedule. Yada yada...Then I got my Earth Footwear in the mail and started wearing them. I wear my tennis shoes to my Tae Bo classes twice a week and I've been wearing the sandals everywhere else. (Even to when I saw Spamalot..and oh yes, I have clanking coconuts.) Today when I weighed myself I was down 3.5 lbs. from last week. Can you imagine the excitement on my face? I started doing the naked dance on the scale.
Thank you Earth Footwear! I'm an amazing believer in your Kalso Negative Heel Technology. The first couple of minutes I had them on I had to adjust, but since then they have been very easy to walk in. The tennis shoes are very comfortable and cute...and the sandals can be worn all around town. Your slogan is right...I've been burning more calories with every step.